domingo, 16 de agosto de 2009

達磨 (Daruma)

In Japan I've bought lots and lots of things.
One of the things that I've bought it's a Daruma doll, a red one, which I'm going to use once the year is going to end.
My daruma is really little. I wanted a little one because I can carry it wherever I go.
I know what I'm going to think about as a wish for the Daruma and I hope this wish is going to become true because I need it to reach my dreams.
This year is going to be hard and difficult, but my Daruma is with me!

___

A symbol of good luck and protection in Japan, a Daruma doll is traditionally given to someone starting a new venture, celebrating a birthday, or at the beginning of a New Year. At the start of an endeavor, one eye is painted and a wish is made for good luck. The other eye is painted when the goal is reached.

The Daruma is based on an ancient Buddhist monk who, after nine years sitting meditating in a cave, lost the use of his arms and legs. The doll possesses a weighted bottom and rounded shape, and so will automatically regain its balance after being tipped over -- representing persistence of spirit and recovery from misfortune.



達磨により中国に禅宗が伝えられ、それは六祖慧能にまで伝わったことになっている。さらに臨済宗、曹洞宗などの禅宗五家に分かれる。日本の宗教にも大きな影響を及ぼした。

禅宗では達磨を重要視し、「祖師」の言葉で達磨を表すこともある。禅宗で「祖師西来意」(そしせいらいい:達磨大師が西から来た理由)と言えば、「仏法の根本の意味」ということである。

達磨が面壁九年の座禅によって手足が腐ってしまったという伝説が起こり、玩具としてのだるまができた。これは縁起物として現在も親しまれている。


3 comentarios:

Mireia dijo...

Omg, no sabia sobre estos muñecos xD que majos y que mensaje tan típicamente japones dan. Yo me comprare uno el año que viene ò.o eso donde lo venden? cuanto te costaron? XD jo pero son monisimossss~~ y como va eso de los deseos? escribes tu el que quieres? o,o! *dudas dudas*

Anónimo dijo...

Pues los venden por todas partes y de todos los tamaños y colores, son geniales!
Normalmente se hacen servir en fin de año y se usa de la siguiente manera:
- Piensas en un deseo y le pintas un ojo al bicharraco (normalmente el izquierdo.
- Cuando tu deseo se ha cumplido le pintas el otro ojo y lo llevas a incinerar en algún templo~~

Espero poder algún día dibujarle los dos ojos al mío *w*

Mireia dijo...

Omg *W* que genial me comprare cuando vaya a japon y lo usare, tambien esperare poder llegar a dibujar los dos ojos al mio ^///^

Seguro que lo conseguiremos :3 podemos incluso ir juntas al templo a incinerarlo~~