viernes, 3 de julio de 2009

(English) U2 360º Tour first concert in Barcelona!


(Photo taken from: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bolinches/3683534135/in/pool-u2360_tour )



The 28th of June (Sunday) at 19:00 we arrived at Camp Nou to start preparing our tents,

mattresses...17 persons were alredy staying at the queue. The concert was taking part on Tuesday night and in Monday night a special concert (only for famous people, VIP) was celebrated.

The first night on the street was very relaxing but only a few people could sleep.
On Monday morning more people started to arrive at the queue but the first Catalan people were us. The first girl was from Venezuela, the second ones were Australian, and then a lot of people from Holland, Argentina, Brazil...There weren't a lot of Spanish people.

Monday was the worst day. The sun was really hard and there weren't places with shadows. We didn't have anything to protect our body from the sun.
The night arrived and a few musical notes were listened. All the pain we suffered during the day disappeared and we started to run searching for a place were we could listen the VIP's concert perfectly. It was an amazing concert and we returned to our tends very excited and happy.

A lot of journalists recorded and iterviwed us, it was like if we were famous! (we’ve appeared on the radio, TV, newspaper...and Bono said that the concert was being recorded too!!)

We slept and some security guards gave us bracelets to organize the queue. I was number 19.
At the morning some people said that we were almost 700 persons on the queue.

Tuesday morning was really stressing. Some of us went home to have a shower while the other ones were waiting at the queue. We had lunch at 14:00 and then…the worst part of all days arrived.

The security guards opened the billboards to organize the queue but that was worse because they changed all the order. Behind us there were some people with the number 140. The bracelets were useless.

They didn’t give us any water and we were staying in front all the shining sun. After 2 hours we started shouting during 15 minuts “WATER, WATER” and they gave us some little bottles of water. 3 hours passed and we were already dead.


The security guards started to move and, finally, the doors were opened. The accesss for the Camp Nou was different depeding on your ticket and I had the worst access. I had to run among all the stadium, my access was the farther one. Once I was inside the stadium I entered to the arena and sitted down in front Bono’s area but a lot of people were there. My sister phoned me and she said that she had some space for me so I went where she was staying. Finally we stayed in Adam Clayton’s area, in the first row.


We couldn’t sit down but finally Snow Patrol appeared. I was really surprised by them. I didn’t expect that they were so nice and thankful. They didn’t stop smiling at any moment. I really liked them.


Another hour passed and, finally, all the lights were turned off. The people started to scream and clap their hands and then a lot of camera flashes and higher screams were listened and viwed. U2 appeared in front of us.

I didn’t remember what songs did they sang but I remember City of Blinding Lights which, for me, was the best one. They didn’t sang my favourite one, Elevation, but it was allright.

The claw was magistral. The Camp Nou seemed little with it. We connected with the International Space Station too and it was awesome.

Definetly is the best concert I have ever been. I don’t know how U2 is going to surprise us the next year because that concert was really, really and extremely unavailable.

Like an Irish flag said: WITH U2 UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD.

There’s my flickr with some photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kyrayume/

PD: Adam Clayton saw us and I didn’t know what to do. Then I moved my hand saying “bye” to him and he smiled a lot and answered me moving his hand too. It was so sweet!

PD2: I was the youngest one in the queue.

No hay comentarios: